Here’s the show notes for episode 012 of the Trauma-Informed Everything podcast:
We are all experiencing collective trauma in this pandemic.
Collective trauma is a cataclysmic event that shatters the basic fabric of society.
Hirschberger’s delineation of collective trauma for a population:
- The population will experience trauma…
- From the trauma will emerge a memory of the trauma…
- From the memory will be a negotiated collective meaning…
- From the meaning the population can find hope for the future.
- Get into your parasympathetic nervous system (tips in previous episode)
- Coregulate (tips in previous episode)
- Decide if you need to coregulate or be alone
- Do something regularly that reminds you that you have a body
- Notice body sensations
Hirschberger, G. (2018). Collective trauma and the social construction of meaning (Links to an external site.). Frontiers in Psychology, 10 August.