Everyone keeps telling me to stop trying to make delicata squash happen, but I won’t. I simply will not.
HAVE YOU TRIED IT? Honestly. It’s the best of all the squashes. It’s serving us the buttery-ness of butternut with the convenience of zucchini (you can eat the skin).
Every dang year school starts and my heart aches for this squash. We don’t see it in stores until about mid-September, so I just wait and wait until finally I see it!
Cue Etta, “At laaaaaaaaaaast…..”
It’s incredibly easy to love and even easier to make. See the video below for easy prep instructions. SO LITTLE FUSS.
Once you’ve sliced these up real thin, you oil em, season em, stick em in the oven. THAT SIMPLE.
Pumpkin Spice Delicata
- 2 delicata squash
- 3 tbsp melted ghee
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- PREHEAT oven to 425 degrees.
- PREP delicata. Wash outside of squash. Cut off ends. Cut longways and use a spoon to easily scrape the seeds.
- SLICE squash halves thinly into half-circles (about 1/8 inch) and place in large bowl.
- ADD pumpkin pie spice and salt to melted ghee and oil and mix well with fork. Drizzle over delicata squash and toss with hands to coat.
- PLACE squash on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Don’t overcrowd! You’ll likely need two batches.
- BAKE at 425 for 10 minutes. Flip and bake for another 15 minutes. For crispier edges broil for 1-2 minutes
- SERVE with almond apple dipping sauce and sprinkle with more spice, if desired.
- FOR ALMOND APPLE DIP combine 1/4 cup almond butter, 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce.